Location: Poole, Dorset
We’re looking for a UX & UI web designer who will be responsible for creating leading edge, user-centered solutions for our parent company Mouser, including the design of web applications, mobile applications, content pages, and electronic marketing materials. This is a highly collaborative role in which the designer will work closely with other Designers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Developers and business Stakeholders.
Zeta & Electropages are integrating some service offerings with the parent company Mouser Electronics which is part of the Berkshire Hathaway Group and is now looking to build an exciting new team at the UK headquarters. You will be working as part of the international UK / US division of Zeta & Electopages and will have paid travel to America for client meetings.
- Proficient with Axure & Photoshop
- An understanding of HTML, CSS and how design effects development
- Experience with ecommerce sites/platforms and understanding the needs and interactions of customers within those sites
- Maintain up-to-date expertise in user-centered design
- A portfolio with digital and web design examples
Bonus Points for:
- Proficient at hand crafting HTML and CSS
- Proficient with industry applications like Sketch, Balsamic, Visio, Omnigraffle or similar
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent related work experience preferred. Two to five years of experience in positions focused on designing user interfaces for ecommerce at a mid or senior level. Portfolio of samples demonstrating experience is required.
- Execute high-quality designs that effectively blend interaction design, visual design and information architecture
- Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes and written documentation to communicate interface elements, interactions, and styling
- Analyze and leverage customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings to tailor interfaces to meet specific needs and objectives
- Promote designs that are both technically feasible and resource economical by understanding how design impacts development
- Incorporate business and marketing goals while catering to the customer (present an overall experience that can meet as many goals and needs as possible for the business and the users).
- Generous training options
- Half day Fridays
- Free breakfast
- Monthly team outings
- A super friendly team
- Company pension
- Relaxed dress code
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health insurance
- 37.5 working hours a week
- Mon-Thurs 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Fridays 8:30am – 1pm
- Must be flexible with working overtime
About Zeta / Electropages
We are a full service digital agency with expertise in mobile & web development. We are a fun loving bunch who revel in the digital environment. Our belief is that it is of paramount importance that work should be enjoyable hence the quality of the working environment has to be good.
Mouser Electronics is a Berkshire Hathaway company and an award-winning global distributor of semiconductors and electronic components that ships to over 500,000 customers in 170 countries from its 750,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility in Mansfield, Texas. Mouser.com features more than 4 million products online from more than 600 leading manufacturers.
How to apply for this role
Please send your CV, portfolio or work examples with your covering letter highlighting achievements, your aptitude for your chosen career and why you are a perfect fit for this role.
email to :firstname.lastname@example.org
no agencies please